Saturday, July 15, 2006

The Plain Old Truth

Like most of you I have seen a lot of things take place in the Forex community that just isn't right. I've decided to sum some of my expriences up into rules. Hopfully someday someone will stumble across this site, and it will make them better prepared to tackle the Forex and the Forex community when they start their quest to become a full-time trader.

Anyway I've pretty much summed everything up into 8 Rules. I'm planning on posting all the rules here and then, as time goes on, I'm planning on elaborating on them in individual posts. In each post I'll share some insight and some of my experiences with each rule.

----------

Here they are....

1. Use common sense.
2. Don't trust anyone.
3. Learn how to trade. (No automatic trading systems).
4. Don't buy a system or "Methodology" from anyone. Create your own.
5. Stay out of the Forex forums.
6. Do not use Alert services.
7. Hire a mentor. (After proper screening).
8. Treat your trading like a business.

----------

Rule #1

I decided to go ahead and elaborate on this one here, because it's going to be relatively small. Basically all we need in the Forex world is a little common sense. I mean really just think about things. The old saying still holds fast.

If it sounds to good to be true it is.....

You'll basically use Rule #1 when you are faced with all of the other rules.

So again just go back to the basics and use some good old common sense. Out of all the stupid things I've done, including buying junk trading courses, lowsy trading systems, picking brokers, etc. If I just would have used some common sense I would have saved myself a lot of money and heartache. It's hard sometimes though, because you want to make it so bad that you convence yourself that it works. And that is what these "Slick Willy's" feed off of. Instead just step back an realizing that it's all crap.

Anyway "Use Common Sense" is Rule #1

No comments: