Wednesday, April 25, 2007

A New Forex Broker....and Some Updates

Well it's been a while. I've been busy trading, backtesting, and testing broker platforms. I decided it's time to quit complaining and move away from Oanda. Not sure if a new broker will be better, but I'm to the point where i need to find out.

The new Broker I decided to go with is EFX Group (MB Trading). They are an STP/ECN broker.

STP = Straight Through Processing
ECN = Electronic Communication Network (basically I'm anonymous)

Even though I'll have to pay commissions for my trades I'm willing to do that in order not to compete with my broker, which is what I was doing with Oanda. The trading platform is similar to what is offered with traditional stock brokers. For example multiple order types, stop losses, time entries, and Level II screens.

So right now I'm currently in limbo. I've withdrawed my money from Oanda (except for a few hundred $$). After EFX finishes setting up my live account I'll wire the money into my new account.

New Trading Environment
I've also setup my new trading environment this week. My office is now setup for strictly trading. I've also purchased a new PC with a 20" widescreen monitor and 2 - 17" LCD's. I have my charts setup on these and I run my broker platforms on my laptop. Maybe I'll post a picture of my office setup sometime.

Journal Entries
I've also started to keep my journal in electronic format. It just makes more sense for the information I want to collect. It will allow me to post charts in the document along with screen shots of my broker account. I'm also hoping I can just copy and paste these entries into this blog.

Anyway I hope everyone's trading is going well....

Brent

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you a fulltime trader? Great blog thanks a lot.

Jim

Forex2stay said...

Hello Jim,

I guess that would depend on how you define "fulltime" trader. Yes I trade fulltime from my home office, no I do not have a regular "Job", but I'm in a position where i do not have to live off of my trading accounts. All proceeds from trading go back into the accounts.

So i get a lot of quality time with my wife and kids...

I'm trying to build a nest egg to retire someday :)

Trade Well....
Brent

Unknown said...

Hi Brent.

I think I'll upgrade my PC in a near future and I want to have more than one monitor (may be two or three). Can you tell me what graphics card do you bought to support three monitors (I understand you have one 20" plus two 17").

Thanks,

Forex2stay said...

Hello Canoramix,

I installed two GeForce Fx5200 dual VGA cards. So far they are working great. I have the 20" monitor as the primary and extend the desktop to the other two.

Trade Well....
Brent

Unknown said...

Ok Brent.

That should be much cheaper than a NVidia Quadro NVS that support 4 monitors.

Thanks,

Mr. profit said...

Hello,

You have a nice blog but you should create more topics, don't you think? Anyway where is your Forex account? I used the services of Marketiva Corporation for a long time. It has nice services but I always looking for the better and better platform ;)